- 49% female/51% male (by reported legal sex)
- 9% are first-generation college bound
- 43% are students of color (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)
- 23% are underrepresented students of color (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)
- 9% are international students
29 U.S. States and the District of Columbia represented
Top 5 states represented: California, Massachusetts, Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington
Countries represented by address or citizenship: Canada, China, Germany, India, Nigeria, South Korea, Vietnam, Romania, Slovakia, Spain
- Mean unweighted GPA of 3.8
- 13 Students were honored as National Merit Scholars or Finalists
- 57 National AP Scholars (19 with Distinction/18 with Honor)
- 35% were captain of an academic team
Test Scores (Middle 50% Range)
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
Students in the Class of 2021 participated in the following activities before coming to Olin:
|82% Community Service||52% Athletics|
|52% Part-Time Work||50% Academic Teams|
38% Instrumental Music
34% FIRST Robotics
15% Other Competitive Robotics Teams
24% Student Government
|17% Drama||13% Vocal Music|
|10% Visual Arts|
Fun Facts & Accomplishments
- One is a cat socializer.
- One is a professional magician.
- One is involved in riflery and marched in the 127th Rose Bowl Parade.
- One founded and led the only high school team that constructed a nanosatellite for the NASA CubeQuest Challenge… and won third place!
- One is a street skater.
- One developed an app for Parkinson’s patients, which won the first annual World Series of Entrepreneurship.
- One managed a sustainable, organic quarter-acre farm and at least two others worked as farm hands.
- One is the CEO and Founder of a company that created devices to help people with Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- One did the set design for a haunted house.
- One started a FIRST Lego League team for students with disabilities.
- At least two hosted radio shows.
- One danced with Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Coldplay in a Super Bowl Half-time show.
- One built a prosthetic arm AND played the bagpipes at the World Pipe Band Championship.
- One took a month-long, 180 km canoe trip.
- One started a mentorship program for elementary-aged refugees.
- One is a blacksmith.
- One is a birdwatcher.
- One built a house over the summer before coming to Olin.
- One created an app that aims to address cultural divisiveness by creating a platform that allows people to share their cultural experiences.
- One rides a 5 foot tall bicycle.
- One spent a gap year working with AmeriCorps VISTA spreading STEM to underserved students throughout Virginia.