Valuable Olin resources
Staying in Touch
- Email Lists (Listservs, geographic lists, etc.)
- oLink for Alumni (monthly eNewsletter)
- Community Directory Password Assistance
- Contact Us
- Faculty/Staff Directory
Career & Graduate Studies/PGP
- IT Notice for Graduating Students
- Request a Transcript
- Reorder your Class Ring
- Facilities FAQs
- List serves: email@example.com or alumni-(insert class year)@lists.olin.edu
- Geographic mailing lists:
- Other mailing lists:
- OAC Friends - anyone who is not an OAC member, but would like access to OAC files on Google Drive.
- Alumni Friends - any non-graduate alum who wants to stay in touch with the college and that respective year but did not officially graduate with a particular class.
- Alumni forwarding format
- Names with no spaces, hyphens or apostrophes:
Example: John Smith
Username: first initial of first name + lastname (ex. jsmith)
Email: FirstName.LastName@olin.edu (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Names with spaces:
Example: John Smith Jones
Username: first initial of first name + COMPLETE lastname WITH SPACES REMOVED (ex. jsmithjones)
Email: FirstName.COMPLETE LastName WITH SPACES REMOVED@olin.edu (ex: email@example.com)
- Names with hyphens:
Example: John Smith-Jones
Username: first initial of first name + ONLY lastname AFTER THE HYPHEN (ex. jjones)
Email: FirstName.COMPLETE LastName INCLUDING THE HYPHEN@olin.edu (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Names with apostrophes:
Example: John O'Smith
Username: first initial of first name + COMPLETE lastname WITH APOSTROPHE REMOVED (ex. josmith)
Email: FirstName.COMPLETE LastName WITH APOSTROPHE REMOVED@olin.edu (ex: email@example.com)
- To update or access your information in the Olin Community Directory, which is on the left column navigation in the Olin Portal, log into the Portal using your Olin network username and password. Please visit http://password.olin.edu or send IT a help desk ticket (HelpDesk@olin.edu) if you have any password problems.
- Check out the Directory user guide for more information.
- Check out all on-campus or off campus events with our Olin Calendar along with visting some of the event websites:
- Can alumni use the Foundry or other College resources for start-up companies? No. Unfortunately this jeopardizes the College’s tax-exempt status.
- Are the machine shops (mini-shops or main shop) available for use by alumni? Not at this time. There are a number of concerns in this area including major liability and capacity management factors which would substantially increase as well as add costs currently not covered. At this time, we must offer such resources to our current students on a “first come first serve” basis.
- Are the Science Labs (biology, chemistry, material science) available for use by alumni? Same answer as above.
- Can we get prox cards that, at least, provide access to the Library/Milas Hall? Same answer as above. Note that each card would cost at least $5, plus costs associated with managing the cards (on the front end as well as a prorated card charges on the back end of the software) as well as costs associated with the process of handling lost or misplaced cards (includes security implications)