Well, my time as a full-time missionary is nearing its close. It's been the experience of my lifetime. For this last blog post, I will record eight lessons I have learned as a missionary.
1. When something goes wrong, take responsibility for it, even if it isn't your fault.
2. When money is running short, milk, peanut butter, and dry beans are cheap protein.
3. In order to truly forgive someone you must understand them.
4. If offered "caldo de siete mares," (seven seas soup) as an alternative to Domino's pizza, opt for the pizza.
5. Leadership is not telling other people what to do. It is making other people feel empowered to pursue their own ideas.
6. Don't go grocery shopping hungry.
7. Do everything within your power to achieve your goals, and then stop stressing about them.
8. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
Of all the food I've tasted on my mission, my favorite has to be Peruvian -- a unique combination of Hispanic and Asian cuisine.
Rescued! By a much needed package of Grandma's cookies.