Like all my co-bloggers I'm back after a nice and lazy blog vacation. So here's what I've been up to thus far this summer:
1) Work: I'm doing research with a nuclear engineering professor at MIT working on algorithms for quantum computing. (Yup, I didn't really know what that meant until I looked it up either.) Most of the lab is comprised of grad. students in either nuclear engineering or physics, and both the other undergraduate students that work in my vicinity are physics majors. A lot of the field is totally new to me, but it's pretty interesting, and I'm finally beginning to feel like I'm making progress.
2) Living at home! My family moved to Acton, MA last summer, and I'm living with them and commuting to Cambridge everyday. My father works in the city and does the commute with me too, so it's been some quality father-daughter bonding time ;). Between that and expectations to make the bed everyday, coming back home after three years (to a house I've never lived in) has its challenges, but being around my family, given that I have no idea where I'll be next year, is well worth it. I even got to go bowling with my sister and friends for her 11th birthday last weekend! =D
3) Eating a lot. Most essential part of living at home.
4) Hanging out. There's a ton of Olin people living at different places in Boston/ Cambridge, and there's always something going on on weekends, and no dearth of places to crash. It's definitely refreshing to be able to hang out with people and explore the city without the stress of the semester. Makes me wish I lived in the city again this summer though!
5) Thinking about The Future. I know that I want to go on to grad. school in EE after Olin, and have been looking at different places and programs -- kinda overwhelming at this point, everywhere sounds great, how am I supposed to narrow it down? Although, right now, I'm completely obsessed with the National University of Singapore.
6) I just FINALLY got my MA state license a couple weeks ago.
7) After ~3 years of having had my license in this country, I can finally drive on highways!
That's about it for now, thanks for reading, and hope everyone is having a fun summer!