I've been meaning to post for quite some time now...that what finals do to you, I suppose! I finish up tomorrow, with a Wellesley exam (they're a week behind Olin). The sun is hiding now, but we all managed to have some fun while it was here.
Just to catch you up, here are some of the latest items of awesome:
- Sleeping outside under the stars. Enough said.
- Expo just wrapped up. There was an abundance of cool independent projects this semester, from a three-dimensional version of Pong made in LabVIEW to an in-dorm bakery. It's always fun to see what my classmates have been up to.
- Some Oliners have decided to consume nothing but ice cream (and vitamin supplements) for 100 hours straight. We'll see how this one progresses.
- My friend from New Jersey got into a debate with our Massachusetts native, arguing fiercely that New Hampshire has no coastline. A na ïve Midwesterner, I added, "I thought New Hampshire was west of Vermont...that would mean there's no coast" (never was very good with coastal geography). Later that night (around 12:30am), the local expert sent me a text, requesting ideas for fun things to do. Jokingly, I responded, "Let's go to New Hampshire". The next text to come in said, "Meet in my room in five minutes". We planned out a route, hit Denny's on the way, and arrived at the New Hampshire coast around 4:00am. For the third time in my life, I stepped into salt water. Just to settle an argument once and for all.
- The Class of 2014 has been confirmed! This is one of the most exciting events of late. I can't wait until fall comes around. Oh! I also got to meet some of them at the FIRST Robotics Championship in Atlanta, GA. That was another item of awesome, but I'll just fold it into this one.
- My dad came to visit! We played tourist for a day and went on a Segway tour of Cambridge. Some of us were a bit more coordinated than others...
- We kidnapped one of our friends on his birthday and drove him to the IMAX in a blindfold. He struggled. A lot.
- A few 2013 guys decided to organize an outdoor celebration for the class, complete with nachos, water balloons, a kiddie pool, Slip 'n' Slide, and a Northerners versus Southerners tug-of-war (we ended up snapping the rope, but I'm fairly certain more of it ended up on the Northerner side).
I'm going to miss this place terribly over the break, but it's nice to know that there's something great to come back to. Happy summer, everyone!