There are a lot of great things about being home. I get to see my family and friends (my brother is graduating from high school in a couple weeks!). Transportation is far more convenient. Frozen custard is once again a staple in my diet. But I'm also Olin-sick. It's hard not to be.
I assume this will get better as the years go on, but for now, I'm looking forward to the fall. Don't get me wrong; I plan to make this summer a fantastic one. It's just that Olin has really become a special place to me and there are some things I miss.
Things I miss about Olin:
- First and foremost, people.
- Proximity to the ocean.
- My faulty drying rack.
- The Charles River and abandoned train tracks.
- Sleeping on a desk (every night for nearly an entire semester!).
- GO! bikes, however questionable their functionality may be.
- The Olin dining hall staff.
- Scary roads.
- "Wicked" awesome adventures.
- Ready-made meals.
- Oversized bean bag chairs.
- Duct tape (oh, wait...they don't have that at Olin...anywhere).
- Spur-of-the-moment skirmishes.
- Smelly, screeching subway trains,
- Last but not least, people.
Right now, it's hard to imagine three months away from school. The return is just something to look forward to, I suppose! Hope everybody is having a stupendous summer!
Last minute question of the day: I was working on graduation party invitations and caught myself writing "Please RSVP", but realized about halfway through that this is redundant. Does the redundancy bother anybody, or is it passable?