2019 Commencement Video
There will be a ceremony rehearsal for graduation candidates at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 16 in the ceremony tent on the Great Lawn.
Saturday, May 18
- 3:30 pm Celebrating Student Achievement event (Norden Auditorium)
- 4:00-5:30 pm President's Reception (Oval)
Sunday, May 19
Guest entrance to the tent will be staggered as follows:
- 12:00 pm Guests requiring assistance
- 12:15 pm Class of 2019 families
- 12:30 pm Alumni and other invited guests (e.g., President's Council)
- 12:45 pm Classes of 2020, 2021 and 2022
- The Ceremony will take place as follows:
- 1:00 pm Ceremony begins
- 2:30 pm Ceremony ends and a reception follows in the Oval
Every student must submit a Petition to Graduate in order to be considered for a degree. Contact the Registrar's office for more information.
Caps and Gowns / Announcements
Graduating seniors should have returned their cap and gown form to the Registrar's office, CC 320a. The College is covering the cost of cap, gown and hood for each student who marches.
In early April, each graduating senior will be given six commencement announcement cards. The purpose of these announcements is to inform your guests of the date and time of Commencement. Seniors wishing to inform more than six family members about the ceremony should notify Rae-Anne Butera, dean of Student Affairs. Please note that the announcements are not formal invitations, and no invitations or tickets are necessary for admittance to the ceremony.
All graduating seniors and their immediate families are invited to the Commencement Weekend Welcome beginning at 3:30 pm on Saturday, May 18, followed by the President's Reception from 4:00-5:30 pm. Current Olin College staff, faculty and their spouses are also invited to attend the reception.