Transfer Your Immigration Record to Olin

Students who are currently attending a U.S. secondary school in F-1 status must have their SEVIS record transferred to Olin. 

Instructions for Transfer Students

1.   Notify the school you are currently attending of your acceptance and intent to transfer to Olin College.
2.   Complete “Section 1” of the F-1 Transfer Report Form. This form is used to confirm eligibility for the transfer of your SEVIS immigration record from your current U.S. school to Olin College.  
Do not submit this form until you have made a final decision to attend Olin.
3.   Request that your current International Student Advisor complete "Section 2" of the F-1 Transfer Report Form and email it to 
4.   Email a completed Declaration/Certification of Finances (DEC) and supporting financial documentation to Olin College, along with a copy of your:

    • Passport identification page(s)
    • F-1 visa
    • Form I-94 (if you are currently in the U.S.); and
    • All previously-issued Form I-20s.

5.  Olin College will issue you a new "transfer pending" Form I-20; this should be used for future travel into the U.S.   
6.  During orientation, provide Olin with all original immigration documents.  This must be done within 15 days of the start date indicated on your Olin Form I-20.
7.  Olin will issue you a second Form I-20 indicating “continued attendance.” This Form I-20 will be your most current Form I-20 and will complete the transfer process.

Important Considerations:

  • In the International Scholars team in Student Affairs can transfer your SEVIS record to one school.
  • Always use your most current Form I-20 for travel and re-entry into the U.S. 
  • Keep previously-issued Form I-20s for your personal records as they may be needed in the future.
  • Transferring your SEVIS record during a period of authorized Optional Practical Training (OPT) will cancel your OPT.