Olin Bubble Basics
- Check your symptoms daily and enter them in the CoVerified app before you come to campus or leave your room.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms and contact your healthcare provider.
- Masks or face coverings are required on campus:
- Indoors, except:
- when eating/drinking at a six-foot distance from other people
- Outdoors when physical distance cannot be maintained
- Make sure you are wearing your mask properly- you can find guidelines here
- Be sure your mask meets the minimum recommendations for effectiveness. It should:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops, allowing the wearer to have both hands free
- Please note: At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings for indoor use
- Students and employees on campus must maintain six feet of physical distance from others who are not members of their household group
- How does this work? Read here to learn how to practice distancing.
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. You should use enough sanitizer so that it takes 20 seconds to rub it over all the surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry.
- Read here for more on how and when to clean your hands.