Do you want to talk about Study Away?


How do I apply?
In order to study away, you will need to complete two applications: one with Olin, the other with the study away institution/program of study. You should make contact with your adviser and the international scholars team in the StAR Office (CC326a).

How many programs should I apply to?

If you are applying to a pre-approved program you generally do not need to apply to more than that program, but a second choice application is advisable. If you are creating your own program, you should consider applying to a pre-approved program as a back-up plan. Many programs have rolling admissions, and once all spaces are full they will no longer accept applications. Be sure to monitor all program deadlines and contact the specific program administrators to be sure that space is still available.

When is Olin's application deadline?
To study away in the spring, the application deadline is the second week of October; for fall study away, it is the second week of March. Please check the main page for updated deadlines.

Do I have to take technical courses while I'm away? If I apply to do an entirely AHS semester, will it be approved?
That depends on how far you have progressed towards your major requirements prior to your away semester, and how many AHS courses you have already taken. You should consult with your adviser and go over your individual course plans when determining the courses you will take while away. 

What will my status be at Olin while I am studying away?

A student's study away status will be classified as full-time enrollment at Olin College. This status allows for enrollment verification and specifies that the student will be enrolled as a full-time student at the host institution. Full-time is a minimum of 12 semester credits as defined by colleges in the United States. The student is expected to transfer a minimum of 12 semester credits back to Olin College from the host institution. It is the student's responsibility to obtain the proper Olin approval prior to enrolling in selected coursework at the host institution. A B- grade or higher must be earned in order to transfer credit back to Olin.