Veteran's Benefits & Voter Registration

Veterans Educational Benefits Information

Notice: Effective February 1, 2023, Olin College no longer participates in the GI Bill Program.

Olin College of Engineering is approved for the use of GI Bill education benefits. Veterans and eligible dependents who are accepted into a degree program at Olin and who also may qualify for the GI Bill should contact the United States Department of Veterans Affairs at 1.888.442.4551 or visit the VA website at for the GI Bill application process. 

Olin College’s billing policy is compliant with the requirements of 38 USC 3679 (e). Any individual who is eligible for educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment or chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI bill, will be permitted to participate in the educational program at Olin College beginning on the date a certificate of eligibility is provided to the College. Olin College will not impose any penalty, including assessment of late fees or denial of access to facilities, due to delayed reimbursement funding from the VA.

Student Responsibilities

  • Application: Students must apply for education benefits through the Veterans Administration. Any questions related to eligibility should be directed to the VA.
  • Certificates of Eligibility: Students who are eligible for VA benefits must send a certificate of eligibility (and/or a statement of benefits) to Student Accounts ( before their enrollment can be certified with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Certificates of eligibility can also be faxed to 781-292-2420. Enrollments will be certified at the beginning of each term and updated throughout the semester as needed. Any questions can be directed to
  • Settlement of Account: Students are responsible to pay amounts remaining due (if any) on their account within 2 weeks of receipt of the final VA payment for the semester. If applicable, students will be notified of the balance due on their account and will have two weeks from the date of notice before payment is due.

Post-9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program

Olin College participates in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program. This award is a supplement to Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits and signifies the College's commitment to support veterans who are pursuing higher education. The combined Olin and VA contribution cannot exceed your net tuition and fee charges for the semester.

Please direct any questions regarding eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program directly to the Veterans Administration.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Voter Registration

In compliance with The Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315), Olin College of Engineering celebrates Voter Registration and makes registration accessible to students each year.  Depending on the state, registering to vote can be an electronic or paper process.  Please utilize the resources below to help answer your questions about registering and voting in upcoming elections.  


National Voter Registration Day

Rock the VOTE initiative

United States Election Assistance Commission (includes Multi-lingual information and Forms)


Commonwealth of Massachusetts Election Division
(if you have a Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicle ID or Driver’s License, you can register on-line.  All others may register via a form)

Massachusetts Voter Registration Form (online option and print/delivery option)

Can’t remember if you are registered to vote in Massachusetts? Look it up here:

Town of Needham