Ways to Give
Built on Generosity
We welcome those interested in contributing to Olin College to review the methods of giving listed below. And we thank you for your investment in Olin's mission.
Making a donation to Olin College online, by credit card, is simple and safe. Olin accepts gifts via Master Card, Visa, and American Express through our secure server. All credit cards must be issued by a United States bank. Make a one-time gift now or set up a recurring gift on a monthly or annual basis. Alternatively, make a pledge today and give during the time that best works for you.
In addition to using your credit card, online donations may be made via the following mobile payment methods: Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay.
- Venmo is a mobile-only payment option, so the user must be on their mobile device. Once on the mobile device, they’ll want to make sure their default browser is set to the device’s native browser - Safari for iOS devices (iPhones) and Google Chrome for Android devices and use that browser when making their gift through Venmo. If they are on their mobile device and it still is not showing up, the user is likely accessing the form on a non-native browser. When accessing via Chrome or via Facebook/Instagram, the Venmo option will not appear.
- At this time, only non-recurring gifts are eligible to uses PayPal as a payment option. If you choose to make a recurring gift, you will not see PayPal as a payment option.
- Google Pay is a "digital wallet" that allows people on Android devices to pay without taking out their credit or debit card, and without filling out a payment form. Donors who are not using an Android device or who do not have Google Pay set up will not see the option to give with Google Pay.
- Apple Pay can be used by donors using the Safari web browser on Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. Donors who have not set up Apple Pay or who are not using Safari on an Apple device will not see the option to use Apple Pay.
To make a contribution by mail, please send a check or money order payable to “Olin College of Engineering” to the address below. Donors may indicate a designation for their gift on the check’s memo line or in an accompanying note.
Please send checks to:
Office of Strategic Communications
Olin College of Engineering
1000 Olin Way
Needham, MA 02492-1200
Making a donation of stock to Olin is an easy and straightforward process. Here are stock transfer instructions you can follow to make a gift today. Please email Anne-Marie Dorning or call her 781-292-2258 with any questions.
Gifts-in-kind are non-cash donations of materials or other assets. We do ask that gift-in-kind donors contact the Olin development office when planning their donation. This allows a representative of the school to ensure that we can approve the gift. Those wishing to donate a gift-in-kind to Olin College are invited to email Anne-Marie Dorning, or call her at 781-292-2258.
Those wishing to make an endowment gift to Olin College are invited to email Anne-Marie Dorning, or call her at 781-292-2258.
A donor-advised fund (DAF) provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction. Most sponsoring organizations of DAFs accept cash equivalents, securities and certain other assets. If your donor-advised fund is with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon, you may recommend a gift to Olin via DAF Direct.
If you benefit from a different donor-advised fund and would like to send a gift to Olin, please make checks payable to Olin College and mail to:
Olin College of Engineering
c/o Office of Strategic Communications
1000 Olin Way
Needham, MA 02492
Olin’s tax identification number is 06-1519057.
There are many ways to create your own legacy at Olin by making a planned gift. Legacy gifts include bequests, charitable gift annuities, donations of retirement plan assets, and the inclusion of Olin College in your will. For more information on planned giving, please email Lauren Taaffe, or call her at 781-292-2297.
A person who is 70 1/2 or older, and owns a traditional IRA, but does not need all or part of the required minimum distribution, can make tax-free IRA contributions directly to qualified public charities, such as Olin College.
How Does this Work?
- Each age-eligible IRA owner can transfer up to $100,000 tax-free per tax year.
- The gift must come from an IRA account.
- The gift from your IRA will be excluded from income.
- The QCD can count toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) if you have not already taken your RMD for the year you make your gift.
- Your gift must be complete on or before December 31 of the calendar year in which you choose to utilize the IRA Charitable Rollover gift vehicle for tax purposes.
How to Make it Happen
Contact your advisor, retirement plan administrator, or plan fiduciary company to initiate a transfer. You may also complete this form, which is accepted by most IRA custodians. Gifts from an IRA Checkbook* must be received by December 15.
If you have additional questions, please contact Anne-Marie Dorning, Vice President of Marketing and Communication to find out more about charitable giving and its tax advantages.
Many companies support gifts to higher education institutions like Olin by matching them with a gift of their own. This is a simple and “painless” way for donors to increase the size of their gifts, which, in turn, has a significant effect on the gift’s impact.
Find out if your employer matches gifts using the tool below.
If your employer matches gifts, please fill out your employer's matching gift form and send it to Olin. Once we receive it, we will confirm with you that your donation was received.
Please send us an email to let us know you have applied for a match with your employer and we will keep an eye out for it.
Donors who wish to give to Olin via an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) are encouraged to email email@example.com or call 781-292-2290 and to use these instructions:
- Account Name: Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering Operating Account
- Bank: TD Bank
- Account Type:
- Account Number: 8258635760
- ABA (for wire transfers): 031101266
- ABA (for ACH/EFT): 211370545
- Reference: Reference line should include the word "Gift", Donor's Name, and ATTN: Office of Strategic Communications
- Contact Information:
- Christine Musto
- TD Bank
- (603) 222 - 9616