Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs
Welcome! Our Office is committed to providing comprehensive support to Olin faculty and staff members engaged in grant seeking.
We look forward to collaborating with you from proposal development and submission to award management and close-out.
Susan M. Mihailidis
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Assistant Director of Sponsored Programs, Post-Award
If you’re interested in applying for a grant or just curious about the grant proposal process, please reach out to Susan and Lori to learn more. We would love to hear from you!
What We Do
- Funding opportunities – identification of funding sources and determination of eligibility
- Proposal development – interpretation of funder guidelines, identification of project resources, budget development
- Proposal review and approval – ensuring proposals comply with funder and institutional guidelines as well as applicable regulations
- Proposal submission – submission of research and program applications
- Award negotiation and execution – review of terms and conditions for investigator and institutional acceptance; execution of agreements
- Award setup – distribution of notices of new awards; communication of award requirements; account setup and approval of new account numbers
- Management of grant funds – account monitoring, financial updates, training in access to financial systems, review and approval of expenses, salary payment setup
- Budget planning and analysis – assistance with planning for grant expenditures
- Project support – identify and resolve issues that arise throughout the lifecycle of the award
- Major project changes – liaison with agencies and institutions regarding grant transfers, change in PI or scope, substantial re-budgeting, project extensions
- Sponsor invoicing – preparation and submission of invoices; payment tracking
- Subrecipient invoice review – review of all subrecipient invoices for compliance to agreements
- Financial reporting – preparation and submission of sponsor financial reports
- Compliance – interpretation of sponsor guidelines related to financial matters such as purchasing and travel regulations; management of processes for effort reporting, cost transfers, cost sharing, and program income; provision of resources and guidance regarding federal and other regulations including IRB approval, export control laws, responsible conduct of research, intellectual property, conflict of interest
- Project closeout – final account reconciliation; preparation and submission of final financial reports
Check out our comprehensive guide to finding funding.
Everything you need to begin preparing your proposal is available here.