Friday, September 16, 2022 - 2:30PM EST
Olin College of Engineering
Save the Date
Alumni Weekend is Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17, 2022
Revisit | Reconnect | Celebrate
Come back to the bubble to spend time with friends, faculty, staff and students. Celebrate milestone Reunions for 2007 (15th), 2012 (10th), 2017 (5th)!
New this year: On-Campus Farm-to-Table Dinner
- Lawn games; snacks; fun for family of all ages.
- Quiet rooms for future Oliners’ nap time (BYO pack ’n play).
- Lactation rooms available.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, September 16
2:30 – 5:00 p.m. – Registration (Milas Hall entrance)
2:30 – 5:00 p.m. – Olin merch sales (Milas Hall lobby)
2:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Lawn games (Oval)
2:50 – 4:30 p.m. – Class Visits (MAC)
- Take a seat and re-live your student days as a guest in a selection of Olin fall courses.
- Design for Manufacturing; Dave Barrett and Daniela Faas (MAC128)
- Intro to Thermodynamics; Emily Tow (MAC328)
- Eclectronics; Brad Minch (MAC304)
- ModSim; Steve Matsumoto (MAC209), Zach del Rosario (MAC204), Andy Neely (MAC206)
3-4:00 p.m. – Acronym (Milas Hall lobby)
- Enjoy freshly-brewed coffee with students and faculty at Olin's student-run coffee shop pop-up.
4-5:00 p.m. – Lightning Updates (Library, Milas Hall)
- Staff and faculty will share what’s new and notable at Olin. Featuring,
- Kristin Casasanto, Director of Post-Graduate Planning
- Sally Phelps, Director of External Programs & Partnerships
- Caitrin Lynch, Dean of Faculty and Professor of Anthropology
- Donna Golemme, Vice President of Finance and Administration
5-7:00 p.m. – Alumni Weekend Cocktail Party (Oval)
- The evening will include heavy apps, axe-throwing and music!
Saturday, September 17
10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Registration (Milas Hall entrance)
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Lawn games (Oval)
10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Kids' activities and bouncy house (Oval and Great Lawn)
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Merch sales (Milas Hall lobby)
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Engineering for Everyone (Library, Milas Hall)
- President Gilda Barabino and Provost Mark Somerville will speak about Olin’s strategic plan.
12-1:00 p.m. – BBQ lunch with Barabino (Oval)
- Students and community members will join alumni and President Barabino for lunch on the Oval.
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. – Feeding our Planet: Panel on Sustainability and Food (Norden Auditorium)
- Alumni working in the sustainability and food sectors will discuss new technologies in agriculture, how they got involved in the space, challenges facing the industry, and what we (and you) can do about it. They will explore topics like regenerative agriculture and soil health, climate change, and improving our food system.
- Jake Felser ’11 (moderator) – CTO at Freight Farms
- Lauren Hafford ’07 – Evaluation Coordinator for the FARMS Project
- Christie Lee ’07 – Founder of Nourishing Food Marketing
- Laura Stupin ’07 – Data scientist product manager at PivotBio
- Mariko Thorbecke ’16 – Independent consultant focused on climate change and agriculture
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Choose Your Own Adventure #1
- Olin Shop: Make and Take your own Alumni Weekend memento (MAC)
- Fireside chat on careers and book-writing with Lindsay Gordon ’07 (Oval)
- Alumni / Student connections: identity groups & mentoring (Oval)
- Student representatives from identity-related orgs and clubs at Olin will chat about what each group is up to and how they are working to promote connections and a more inclusive Olin. Students would also love to hear from alumni about their experiences at and after Olin.
- Student Vehicle Team showcase (Oval)
- Including: DBF, Baja, Rocketry, OEM
3-5:00 p.m. – Merch sales (Milas Hall lobby)
3-5:00 p.m. – Registration (Milas Hall entrance)
4-5:00 p.m. – Choose Your Own Adventure #2
- Student-led bird-watching and nature walk in Parcel B (meet at the flagpole at 3:45)
- Alumni / Student connections: PInT (Library, lower level)
- Show Oliners how you are "doing good" in your post-Olin career. Alumni in public interest technology careers are invited to connect with students and shed light on PIT career pathways.
- Boba and Board games (Milas Hall patio)
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Farm-to-Table Dinner (Oval)
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Kids’ dinner and a movie
7:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Olin Fire Arts Club performance (Great Lawn)
Register for Alumni Weekend 2022!
Rooms Blocks: Book by mid-August
Must book by August 16th
Must book by August 15th
Book your group rate for Olin College Alumni Weekend Room Block
Must book by August 25th