Return to Campus (RTC)
We are excited to welcome the entire Olin community back to the campus and to be together again as a community for the first time in a year and a half! The following principles have informed Olin’s planning for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Our plan to return to campus is based on science. Our protocols and could evolve as we learn more about COVID-19, the Delta variant and other variants throughout the year.
- Olin is designed as a living-learning-working environment that thrives best when we are together.
- The decisions we make must consider and promote equity for community members whenever possible.
- Our working environment should match the vibrancy of our learning environment.
- Olin must adhere to public health guidance.
Based on these principles, Olin is planning to be fully in person for the Fall 2021 semester and beyond.
Flexible Work for Employees
We have developed ways to work remotely and effectively. We have also shown each other that we can do our work from remote locations and in ways that allow for greater work-life flexibility. At the same time, we have learned that an awful lot of what makes Olin Olin does not translate well to Zoom.
Recognizing that a one-size-fits-all approach will not work, in the fall Olin is instead encouraging a new level of flexibility for employees based on the needs of their roles and responsibilities. Additional information was shared in a community meeting on August 4. You can find a link to the recording on the Olin portal.
Olin encourages all community members to clearly communicate about in person and virtual availability. If you cannot find someone on campus whose assistance you need, please contact them via email or chat, as they may be working remotely.